11 Nights | 12 days
- Deluxe, outfitted mid-high altitude trek
- Cultural touring and sightseeing in 4 different districts of Bhutan; visit ornately carved, splendidly painted ancient Buddhist monasteries, Dzongs (fortress-monasteries).
- Attendance at one of Bhutan’s largest and most colorful annual festivals.
- The enigmatic and gravity-defying Taktshang (Tigress’s Nest) monastery.
- Insight into one of the Himalayan’s most distinct and traditional culture.
Offering a great variety of trekking conditions, from blue pine and rhododendron forests, to alpine pastureland and breathtaking mountain views, this is one of our most intimate wilderness treks. It is an ideal adventure for nature lovers who are seeking a Himalayan wilderness immersion.
This adventure also features cultural experiences and sightseeing in four important districts of Western Bhutan.
Most of our trips take place during busy and festival season so it is difficult to secure reservations on Druk Air and Hotels in every places. We request you to book as far in advance as possible to confirm the reservation you choose and do not hesitate to contact us at the last minute if free time suddenly comes your way.
12 Day Easy Touring & Moderate Trekking
|Trip Duration||12 days|
|Trekking Days||5 days|
|Season||April to June & September to November|
|Min. Group Size||2 participants|
- Day 1: Arrival in Paro by Druk Air
- Day 2: Paro sightseeing
- Day 3: Paro town to Jili Dzong ( Distance: 7 miles; Elevation gain: 3,900’; Elevation loss: 0; Starting elevation: 7,400’; Ending elevation: 11,316’ )
- Day 4: Jili Dzong to Jangchu Lakha ( Distance: 7 miles; Elevation gain: 1,084’; Elevation loss: 0; Ending elevation: 12,400’ )
- Day 5: Jangchu Lakha to Jeyna Tso ( Distance: 9 miles; Elevation gain: 1,310’; Elevation loss: 910’; Ending Elevation: 12,800’ )
- Day 6: Jeyna Tso to Phajoding ( Distance: 11 miles; Elevation gain: 1,000’; Elevation loss: 1100’; Ending elevation: 12,700’ )
- Day 7: Phajoding to Thimphu ( Distance: 6 miles; Elevation gain: 0’; Elevation loss: 4990’; Ending elevation: 7710’ )
End of the Trek
- Day 8: Thimphu sightseeing
- Day 9&10: Thimphu to Punakha
- Day 11: Punakha to Paro
- Day 12: Depart by Druk Air
Choosing a Trek by Trip Rating
Anyone who does not have problem with an all day hike should find our easy treks manageable and anyone with backpacking experience with good shape generally should have no trouble with a difficult trek.
Trekking Grade: MODERATE
More challenging than our easy treks. Suitable for most hill walkers as they involve relatively short days on paths or glaciers. However, a reasonable fitness is required as these trips can involve a considerable amount of ascent and descent and the occasional difficult day.
Moderate Touring with Moderate Trekking Adventure
Trekking (with only a light daypack), 4-7 hours per day over varying terrain.
5 nights tent camping during trek and 6 nights in best available hotels and resorts on double occupancy basis with private bath
Our selected hotels and restaurants offer delicious Chinese, continental, Bhutanese and Indian Cuisine. On trek, well trained cooks prepare dishes suitable to western taste ranging from Continental to Chinese and Bhutanese to Indian.